Although I’m not the biggest fish eater, I enjoy eating salmon occasionally – it has to be a chunky, juicy fillet served with plenty of flavour and different elements to the dish. That’s why I was excited to partner up with The Saucy Fish Co. to feature their hero product, Salmon with Chilli, Lime and Ginger Dressing this month. The product is gluten-free, cooks from frozen and super easy to make so this sounded ideal for a busy but healthy midweek meal in between work and baby duties!
I love building Buddha Bowls, combining protein with grains or other carb sources, loads of veggies and a drizzle of sauce which has to be packed with flavour. As the salmon already comes with a handy sachet of Lime, Ginger and Chilli Dressing, I thought I’d add some almond butter and tamari to add some extra richness to complete this filling, colourful bowl of goodness. This serves two people but it also makes a great lunch served cold the next day if you have a portion leftover. You could use cooked rice or quinoa instead of the noodles, totally your choice – personalise it to your taste. Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 x pack The Saucy Fish Co. Salmon with Chilli, Lime & Ginger Dressing
- 2 x blocks rice noodles (can be brown/wholegrain)
- 1 broccoli head, cut into florets
- Zest & juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag beansprouts
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- Large handful of spinach
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Hemp seeds or sesame seeds, to garnish
- First cook the salmon in the oven according to the instructions on the box.
- Meanwhile cook the rice noodles then keep warm and set aside once ready.
- Steam the broccoli until tender then place in a bowl and with the drained noodles and mix in the lime zest and juice. Set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a non-stick pan and cook the garlic for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms and 1 tbsp of the tamari and cook for 5 minutes. Add the beansprouts and spinach and cook for a few more minutes to wilt and heat through.
- Place the sauce in a pan along with the other 1 tbsp tamari and almond butter and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Now time to arrange everything! Grab two large bowls and start with the noodles then top with the broccoli. Next to it, spoon over the mushroom mixture then top with a salmon fillet. Drizzle over the Chilli, Lime & Ginger Dressing, scatter over the spring onions, parsley and hemp/sesame seeds. Now enjoy!