We’ve been so lucky here in the UK this summer, with endless days of sunshine, blue skies and high temperatures. It’s times like this when we crave things to help cool us down – cold showers, ice cold drinks, a bit of shade and of course, ICE LOLLIES AND ICE CREAM! There’s something so satisfying about making your own, plus it’s good to know what goes into frozen sweet treats.
I recently got contacted by Lifeway Kefir, America’s leading kefir manufacturer which is now being launched in the UK. Kefir is a live and active cultured milk smoothie with a delightful tart and tangy taste and a creamy consistency, similar to a drinkable yogurt. Lifeway is currently stocked in all Booths supermarkets in a variety of 4 flavours including plain, strawberry, blueberry and mango – all are absolutely delicious, I’m a huge fan of these protein-packed drinks!
To coincide with the UK campaign aiming to raise awareness of Lifeway Kefir in the UK, mainly the North West region where it is stocked, I thought I’d share a super easy and delicious recipe to show how you can use these delicious healthy drinks.
Berry Granola Lollies
- 2 x bottles Lifeway Kefir drink (flavour of your choice; I used blueberry and strawberry)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large handful blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 6 tablespoons granola (can be homemade or shop bought)
- First mix together the Lifeway Kefir drinks, maple syrup, vanilla and blueberries to combine.
- Place a tablespoon of granola into the bottom of 6 ice lolly moulds and push down well.
- Pour over the ice lolly mixture to fill the top, making sure the blueberries are distributed evenly. Place the sticks in and make sure they are stuck in properly. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer 5 minutes before to allow them to come out of the moulds easily. Enjoy!
Be sure to follow Lifeway Kefir on Instagram for more info and inspiration 🙂