In the run up to Christmas it’s all getting very festive in my kitchen, making all sorts of healthy treats working with some exciting brands! Including a collaboration once again with the wonderful drinks brand, Mr Fitzpatrick’s Vintage Cordials. Using varieties from their no added sugar range, this time around it’s the English Elderflower & Bramley Apple cordial taking the spotlight, coupled with seasonal cranberries (both dried and fresh for extra festivity!) and almonds to create this simple but delicious, vegan-friendly crumble loaf.
- 100g brown rice flour (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 100g gluten-free plain flour (I used Dove’s Farm)
- 50g ground almonds
- 75g coconut sugar (I used The Groovy Food Company)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed + 5 tablespoons water (I used Linwoods)
- 100g apple puree
- 200ml almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Mr Fitzpatrick’s Bramley Apple & Elderflower no added sugar cordial
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 75g dried cranberries (I used Whitworths)
- 75g fresh cranberries
For the crumble topping –
- 20g rolled oats
- 20g flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C and grease and line a loaf tin.
- Mix together the flours, sugar, ground almonds, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix together the flaxseed and water and leave to 5 minutes. Then whisk together with the almond milk, apple puree, maple syrup, cordial, syrup or honey, vanilla and almond extracts. Pour this into the dry ingredients and mix well. [Alternatively simply place all of the above ingredients into a food processor and blend until you have a batter].
- Fold in the dried and fresh cranberries. Spoon into the loaf tin and smooth out evenly.
- Make the crumble topping by mixing everything together with your hands. Sprinkle this over the loaf mixture and bake in the oven for a total of 35-40 minutes. (Cover with foil halfway with tin foil to prevent the crumble topping from burning).
- Leave to cool then pop out of the tin, slice and enjoy!