So Pancake Day is upon us which for some might just be a standard day – I mean, who DOESN’T like pancakes?? To be honest, which might come as a surprise, I don’t actually make them as much as I’d like to so when The Groovy Food Company got in touch about re-creating their breakfast pancake recipe, it gave me the push to get flipping!
The recipe is a delicious alternative to ordinary pancakes, and a perfect way to start the day! It also includes The Groovy Food Company’s brand-new Organic Agave Chocolate Sauce, a tasty natural and free-from alternative to other everyday options. Gluten-free, dairy-free and free from refined sugar, these are easy to make, deliciously fluffy and were ready in less then 10 minutes which is always a bonus!
- 3 tablespoons The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
To serve –
- Banana slices (or chips)
- Coconut chips
- The Groovy Food Company Organic Agave Chocolate Sauce
- Put all the ingredients except the coconut oil into a bowl and blend together with a stick blender.
- Melt the coconut oil on a gentle heat and put into a separate bowl.
- Heat your frying pan over a medium heat and take a square of kitchen roll, dab it into the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, take 3/4 ladle of the pancake mixture and pour into the pan.
- Cool until golden brown on the underside (about 1 minute) then flip over and cook until golden brown on the other side (about 30 seconds – 1 minute).
- Once you have cooked all 6 pancakes, stack them on top of each other then serve with a generous drizzle of the agave chocolate sauce, banana and coconut chips.