Say hello to Mokhado’s Avocado Oil, “your new kitchen and cooking staple”. You may be a big fan of this cold-pressed extra virgin type of oil, or thinking, what on earth is oil made from avocado? Either way, this product offers loads of benefits both in terms of being so versatile in the kitchen as well as boasting its own health boosting properties – check out the image below to see how great it is for keeping handy.
In collaboration with the brand, I’ve made these divine snack bars bursting with goodness which make an ideal snack, breakfast on the go, or pre or post-workout treat. Packed with oats, carrots, dried fruit, nuts and seeds, an array of warming spices plus of course the avocado oil, these are easy to whip up and will definitely keep you going if you feel like your energy levels are flagging!
- 100g dates (I used Whitworths)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 2 tablespoons Mokhado Avoacado Oil
- 200g oats (I used Mornflake)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 80g walnuts, cut into pieces
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g raisins or sultanas
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 9×9 in baking tin.
- Place the dates in a pan with 200ml water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes to allow to soften then set aside to cool a little.
- Add the dates to a blender with the almond butter, avocado oil and maple syrup and blend to form a thick paste.
- Mix together the oats, carrots, nuts, seeds, raisins/sultanas and spices in a large bowl. Add the date paste mixture and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Spread the mixture out into the tin with a spoon. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and firm. Leave to cool in the tin for at least 10 minutes then cut into 9-12 pieces. Enjoy!