Another beautifully layered stack of goodness – this time made from an oaty base, chia raspberry jam middle topped with an almond butter chocolate layer – decorated with Gato & Co‘s Almond & Raspberry Cookies! Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and no refined sugar – just like the recipe – they make a delicious and colourful addition to these no-bake little treats. I love the combination of these flavours and the textures all work together in harmony.
For the base –
- 150g oats (I used Mornflake)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond butter (I used Meridian)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (I used Lucy Bee)
For the raspberry jam –
- 150g raspberries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (I used The Chia Company)
For the topping –
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder (I used Bioglan)
- Gato Raspberry & Almond Butter Cookies
- Melted white chocolate
- Freeze-dried raspberries (I used Lio Licious)
- First make the tart cases: Place the oats, maple syrup, almond butter and coconut oil in a blender or food processor (I use my Ninja Kitchen) and pulse until you have a flapjack mixture. Press into the base of a lined tub or tin (I used size 15cm x 20cm). Chill while you make the next part.
- Place the raspberries in a pan with the maple syrup. Simmer for 10 minutes until softened and the juices have run out. Remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds. Allow to stand and cool for 15 minutes to thicken. Once cooled, spread the jam in an even layer over the base.
- Next melt the coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup then whisk in the cacao or cocoa powder until smooth. Pour over the jam in an even layer. Arrange the cookies on top then place in the fridge and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Melt a little white chocolate and drizzle over then scatter over the freeze-dried raspberries. Either chill again for 15 minutes or enjoy straight away!