Here we go, another recipe video thanks to my lovely friend, Tori, owner of Candid Films. We had so much fun working together filming these (you may have seen the other recipe video for chocolate chip banana muffins here) – and of course, eating them afterwards!
These deliciously gooey, rich and decadent brownies are the ultimate treat for any chocolate lover – and anyone can enjoy because they are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan! And they contain no refined sugar too – although still taste delicious. Using sweet potato as the base makes them ultra squidgy and soft – just how you want them. As you can see from the video, they are so easy to make – and even more enjoyable to eat!
- 250g cooked sweet potato chunks, peeled
- 120g smooth nut butter (I used Pic’s Peanut Butter)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60g cacao or cocoa powder (I used Bioglan)
- 2 scoops vanilla or chocolate vegan protein powder (I used Awesome Supplements)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the topping –
- 50g smooth nut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 30g cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Cacao nibs, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a 9x9in baking tin.
- Place the brownie ingredients into a blender or food processor (I used my Ninja Kitchen Nutri Ninja) and blend well until smooth and thick.
- Spoon into prepared tin, smooth out evenly and bake for 20 minutes until firmed up. Leave to cool.
- Whisk together the topping ingredients then spoon over the brownies to cover. Sprinkle over cacao nibs and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Cut into 9-12, remove from the tin and enjoy!