A nutty oat chocolate base, berry coconut filling, rich chocolate topping and a extra special sprinkle of raspberries, coconut – and Barebells Coco Chocolate no added sugar protein bar for extra richness.
I love no-bake recpes – especially ones with gorgeous colourful layers! – and these are one of my favourite recent ones I’ve created. You can leave out the Barebells bar if you can’t get hold of them, they will still be just as delicious for when that chocolate fix calls out to you!
For the base –
- 100g rolled oats (I used Mornflake)
- 50g nuts of choice (I used Whitworths walnuts)
- 30g cacao or cocoa powder (I used Bioglan)
- 80ml coconut oil (I used The Coconut Company)
- 20ml maple syrup
For the filling –
- 200g frozen berries
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 50g sweetener or stevia (I used Natvia)
- 100ml coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping –
- 100g dark chocolate (I used Seed & Bean)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 x Barebells Coco Bar, diced
- Coconut chips (I used Buy Wholefoods Online)
- Freeze-dried raspberries
- First make the base: Place the ingredients in a food processor (I used my Ninja Kitchen) and blend until combined. Press into a lined 15cm x 20cm tin evenly then set aside.
- Clean your food processor then add the filling ingredients and blend until combined. Spread this over the base and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil then pour over the berry coconut layer. Scatter over the Barebells bar, coconut chips and freeze-dried berries. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours to set.
- When ready to serve, pop out of the tin, cut into pieces and enjoy!