Banana and ginger with almonds combined into a chunky homemade granola…YUM. This recipe is as tasty as it sounds, and easy to make which is always a bonus. Absolutely packed with all the good stuff (oats, flaxseed, ginger, cinnamon) and a double whammy hit of banana for a super energy hit, this high-protein batch is boosted with protein thanks to using Free Soul‘s insanely delicious Ginger Biscuit vegan protein blend.
Grab it from the jar for a snack, serve it with almond milk (like I have here – the DREAM combo) or sprinkle over a big bowl of fruit and yogurt for a breakfast or dessert – however you choose to devour it, I guarantee this won’t last long – this granola is dangerously addictive!!
- 500g rolled oats (I used Quaker)
- 100g flaked almonds (I used Whitworths)
- 30g flaxseeds (I used Linwoods)
- 2 scoops Freesoul vegan Ginger Biscuit protein powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (I used Thr Groovy Food Company)
- 4 tablespoons Sweet Freedom Ginger Syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g dried banana slices
- Preheat the oven to 160C and place a large sheet of baking paper onto a baking tray.
- Mix together the oats, almonds, flaxseed, protein powder, ginger and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Whisk together the coconut oil, syrup, mashed banana and vanilla then pour into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Spread out onto the tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden, making sure to use a spoon to break up and stir around to ensure even baking. Add in the dried banana slices with 10 minutes to go.
- Leave to cool to allow clumps to firm up (the best bits!) then keep in an airtight jar and keep for up to 3 days.