Who doesn’t love a good old banana loaf? Especially during lockdown, which certainly seems to have been the craze… And what I love about it, is that there are so many variations to make it a bit more exciting! I’ve coupled blueberries with dark chocolate plus a sprinkling of granola on top for a real treat – the result is a delicious soft loaf studded with texture, colour and flavour for a perfect mid morning or mid afternoon treat.
- 2 bananas
- 100g dates (I used Whitworths)
- 50m maple syrup
- 100ml almond or oat milk (I used Oatly)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (I used Loving Foods)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g brown rice flour (I used Buy Wholefoods Online)
- 50g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
To top –
- Frozen blueberries
- Granola (I used Eli’s peanut butter granola)
- Dark chocolate, chopped (I used Oh So Dark Chocolate)
- Blend the bananas, dates, syrup, milk, vinegar, vanilla and almond extract until smooth. (I use my Ninja Kitchen Nutri Ninja.)
- Add in the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and cinnamon and blend again. Spoon into the tin and smooth out evenly.
- Scatter over the blueberries, granola and chocolate and push into gently. Bake for 30-40 minutes until risen, golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin, remove and slice up – enjoy!