Nom. Nom. NOM. That’s all I have to say about these insane brownies. A healthy but delicious, rich brownie topped with lashings of chocolate drizzle, peanut butter and finished with crunchy vegan chocolate biscuits thanks to Gato & Co – yummmmm! They really are the ‘icing on the cake’. These bad boys are gluten-free, vegan and contain no refined sugar – but honestly, you wouldn’t be able to guess! Enjoy 😉
For the brownies –
- 100g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes (I used Whitworths)
- 100g apple puree
- 100g coconut sugar (I used The Groovy Food Company)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter (I used Pic’s Peanut Butter)
- 150ml almond milk
- 40g cacao or cocoa powder (I used Bioglan)
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g oat flour (I used Buy Wholefoods Online)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the topping –
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
To decorate –
- 1 x pack Gato & Co Cookies & Cream, broken up into pieces
- Smooth runny peanut butter
- Cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line a 9x9in baking tin.
- Blend the apples to form a puree.
- Add this to a blender with the drained dates, coconut sugar, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, nut butter, milk and cocoa powder and whizz up well until smooth.
- Add in the ground almonds, oat flour, baking powder cinnamon and whizz up again until you have a slightly thick batter.
- Spread the mixture out into the tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until firmed. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, milk and nut butter until smooth. Spoon over the cooled brownie then cut into 9 – 12 pieces.
- Scatter over the broken up biscuit pieces, cacao nibs and drizzle with peanut butter – and enjoy!