If you’re a fan of chocolate, peanut butter AND salted caramel, need I say more with these decadent squares of deliciousness? I recently received some new-on-the-market goodies from Whitworths, including these Chocolate & Caramel Peanuts, and when it came to creating a recipe the only answer was – these!
A really easy base made from dark chocolate and rice crispies for added crunch, topped with a peanut butter salted caramel ‘fudge’ layer and finished off with these sweet nuts as well as chocolate and yogurt-coated nuts. The result is a rich and indulgent which is sure to satisfy any sweet or chocolate craving – let’s see how long they last in the fridge hey? 😉
For the base –
- 100g dark chocolate (I used Montezuma’s)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used Cocofina)
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (I used Pic’s)
- 30g rice crispies
For the topping –
- 4 tablespoons smooth nut butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ pack Whitworths Chocolate & Caramel Peanuts
- Cacao nibs
- First make the base – Melt the chocolate, coconut oil and peanut butter then stir in the rice crispies and mix well to combine.
- Tip into a lined 9x9in baking tin, spread out and pat down well. Chill in the fridge.
- Next melt the nut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil then remove from the heat and stir in the salt and vanilla. Pour this over the base to cover and smooth out.
- Chop some of the nuts and chocolate coated nuts then sprinkle over the top along with the cacao nibs.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours to set. Remove from the tin and place on a chopping board. Cut into 9-12 squares (or cut again, they are quite rich!) and enjoy!