Right now we’re enjoying a last burst of summer in the UK – that late September warm sunshine after a pretty rubbish ‘summer time’ throughout July and August (isn’t that always the case?!). I thought I’d share this delicious, pretty no-bake dessert to celebrate the sun in partnership with Nature’s Charm [paid recipe]. A super easy chocolate base mixture (also made into energy balls to decorate) with a creamy coconut berry filling makes the perfect vegan-friendly combination for a final taste of hot weather 🙂
For the tartlet cases –
- 100g mixed seeds of choice (I used Whitworths mixed seeds)
- 100g oats (I used Quaker)
- 100g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder (I used Bioglan)
For the coconut cream filling –
- 1 x can Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping Cream (chilled overnight)
- 3 tablespoons sweetener (I used Natvia)
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried raspberry powder (I used Lio Licious)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To decorate –
- Extra energy balls
- Berries of choice
- Coconut chips
- Drain the dates and add to a food processor with the other ingredient and blend well until broken down and combined.
- Divide between 4 x mini loose-bottom tartlet tins and press up the sides and on the bottom. You will have some mixture left – roll into balls. Place in the fridge.
- Spoon out coconut cream into a bowl and use an electric whisk to whip (takes about 2-3 minutes) until thickened. Add in the sweetener, raspberry powder and vanilla and whip again until combined.
- Spoon between the tartlets to fill and reach the top. Chill for 1 hour to firm up.
- Decorate each with berries, an energy ball or two, coconut chips – then enjoy!