Let me tell you, these little festive bites are like crack – soooo addictive!! If you’re a fan of coconut, mint and chocolate then these are for you, healthier little treats and no need to bake, they are sure to be a hit over the festive season.
For the base –
- 100g oats (I used Mornflake)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used The Coconut Company)
- 2 tablespoons smooth nut butter (I used Meridian Foods)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or honey (I used Maple From Canada)
For the coconut layer –
- 150g desiccated coconut (I used Whitworths)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
For the chocolate mint topping –
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 100g chocolate mint (or chocolate mint spread, I used The Skinny Food Co no added sugar one)
- Christmas sprinkles, to decorate
- Make the base – melt the coconut oil, nut butter and syrup then pour into a bowl with the oats and mix to form a flapjack mixture.
- Press into a lined tin and chill while you make the coconut layer – melt the coconut oil and syrup then pour into a bowl with the desiccated coconut.
- Spread this over the base evenly then return to the fridge.
- Melt the coconut oil and mint chocolate then pour over the top to cover. Sprinkle over festive sprinkles then chill in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Pop out of the tin, cut into pieces and enjoy! Keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.