The best kind of snack right now goes something like this: An oaty flapjack base, smothered with a spiced pumpkin date caramel, topped off with some melted dark chocolate AND another sweet hit with a white chocolate drizzle. A taste of autumn? HELL YES! No need to bake, easy to whip up and great for any time of day for an energy boost. Winner winner indeed 🙂
For the base –
- 150g rolled oats (I used Mornflake)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil (I used The Groovy Food Company)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Maple From Canada)
For the spiced pumpkin filling –
- 100g pumpkin puree
- 100g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes (I used Whitworths)
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons smooth nut butter of choice (I used Pic’s peanut butter)
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30g coconut flour
For the coating –
- 100g dark chocolate (I used Montezuma’s)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 30g white chocolate (can be dairy-free)
- First make the base – Mix together the oats, oil and syrup until combined then press into a lined tin to cover the base in an even layer. Set aside.
- Place the pumpkin puree, drained dates, coconut sugar, nut butter, mixed spice and vanilla into a blender or food processor and blend well until smooth. Stir in the coconut flour.
- Spread this over the base in an even layer then freeze for 2 hours until firm.
- Meanwhile melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil. Remove the tin from the freezer and cut into bars then place on a wire rack. Spoon over the chocolate to cover the tops of each and allow to drip down the sides.
- Next melt the white chocolate and drizzle a little over the top of each. Return to the fridge for 10 minutes – then enjoy!