With the season of love coming – all things hearts, flowers, romance and treats – these gut-loving donuts would make such a gorgeous treat to make for your loved one…or for yourself! Healthier chocolate donuts topped with a chocolate glaze, these are gluten-free and plant based and taste simply delicious! Thanks to Biomel for the gut-loving healthy treats 🙂
For the donuts –
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 flax egg or egg
- 2 x Biomel Belgian Chocolate gut health shot drinks (or oat milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g oat flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 80g sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the glaze –
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons Biomel Belgian Chocolate gut health shot drink (or oat milk)
- Freeze-dried raspberries
- Blend the donut ingredients then divide between a 6-hole donut tin (silicone is ideal) and bake at 180C for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool then pop onto a wire rack. Mix together the icing sugar, cocoa powder and enough chocolate milk to form a slightly runny mixture then spoon over each donut.
- Decorate with freeze-dried raspberries then enjoy!