When you cross the tasty flavours of carrot cake – carrots, cinnamon, ginger, raisins and walnuts – with a simple oaty cookie mixture, you get these wonderful cookies! Healthy, full of taste and texture, and packed with the good stuff, using Nature’s Charm [paid recipe – ad] coconut sugar-free condensed milk also adds a delicious hint of coconut to give these treats even more of a boost!
- 100g gluten-free flour
- 30g oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons Nature’s Charm sweetened condensed coconut milk – sugar-free
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 carrots, grated
- 50g sultanas or raisins
- 50g walnut pieces
For the drizzle –
- 2 tablespoons Nature’s Charm sweetened condensed coconut milk – sugar-free
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Mix together the flours, baking powder and spices in a bowl. Whisk together the milk, nut butter and syrup then pour into the bowl along with the grated carrots and raisins.
- Mix well to combine then divide into 10 balls. Place each one onto a greased and lined baking tin and press down with the back of a spoon. Bake at 180C for 12-15 minutes until golden then leave to cool.
- Whisk together the coconut milk and icing sugar to form a drizzle then spoon a little over each cookie. Enjoy!