What a simple but stunning and divine dessert recipe, certain to impress anyone who has the pleasure of making – and eating! – these vegan friendly and plant based treats. Combining a biscuit base with a white chocolate and coconut cheesecake topping, it’s Nature’s Charm coconut whipping cream [ad – paid recipe] that really makes this recipe shine. It results in a thick and smooth filling nicely flavoured with white chocolate, topped with a caramel sauce and extra biscuit crunch. Yum indeed!
- 150g gluten-free oat biscuits, can be ginger ones
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
For the filling –
- 1 x can Nature’s Charm coconut whipping cream (chilled overnight)
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free soft cheese
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 50g white chocolate, chopped up
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Nature’s Charm coconut condensed milk
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and whizz up to break them into crumbs. Add in the melted margarine and blend again to combine.
- Divide between a 6-hole silicone muffin tin to fill up to ⅓. Save 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture to sprinkle over the cheesecakes at the end.
- Next gently melt the coconut oil and white chocolate and set aside to cool a little. Meanwhile place the coconut whipping cream into a large bowl and whip up with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add in the melted chocolate, icing sugar, soft cheese, cornflour and condensed milk and whip up again for 1 minute until firm.
- Spoon between the muffin tins to reach the top and smooth out. Sprinkle over the remaining biscuit crumbs over each, then chill in the fridge overnight.
- Serve the next day and drizzle over a little vegan caramel sauce. Enjoy.