A fluffy banana loaf packed with berries and chocolate, flavoured with a hint of coconut, this is your new favourite healthy snack for that mid morning or mid afternoon sweet craving! Using Nature’s Charm oat products [paid recipe – ad], I love how the condensed milk adds sweetness and creaminess to the loaf, while still making the recipe vegan friendly and plant based. You could use blueberries, raspberries and strawberries in place of mixed berries, or how about white chocolate instead of dark. Whatever you choose, it’s sure to be delicious!
- 150g gluten-free flour
- 100g sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 4 tablespoons Nature’s Charm oat condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g frozen mixed berries
- 75g dark chocolate, chopped
For the topping –
- 2 tablespoons Nature’s Charm oat condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Mixed seeds, coconut chips and freeze-dried raspberries
- Mix together the flour, sweetener and baking powder in a bowl. Whisk together the mashed banana, flaxseed, condensed milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract then pour into the bowl and mix to combine.
- Mix in the berries and chocolate then spoon into a lined loaf tin and spread out evenly. Bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes until risen and firm. Leave to cool in the tin then pop onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile whisk together the milk, yogurt and icing sugar until a slightly thick texture forms.
- Spread this over the cooled loaf then sprinkle over the nuts, seeds and freeze-dried raspberries. Slice up and serve.