It’s the time of year when the summer is coming to an end, evenings are getting darker, temperatures dropping and leaves falling. And welcoming with open arms all things pumpkin and warm spices! That’s where this delicious vegan-friendly recipe comes in: A delightful loaf packed with flavour thanks to pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and Nature’s Charm’s* insane coconut caramel sauce, topped with a creamy cinnamon-spiced coconut ‘cream’ to balanace everything out. You can use butternut squash or sweet potato if you don’t have any pumpkin handy, and feel free to add any other sweet spices like nutmeg if you fancy it. *Paid recipe collaboration
For the loaf –
- 150g cooked pumpkin or sweet potato
- 100ml Nature’s Charm evaporated coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g gluten-free flour
- 100g sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons Nature’s Charm coconut caramel sauce
For the topping –
- ½ can Nature’s Charm coconut whipping cream (chilled overnight)
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend the loaf ingredients (apart from the caramel sauce) to form a smooth, thick batter. Spoon half of the mixture into a greased and lined loaf tin.
- Add spoonfuls of the caramel sauce over the top then use a knife to swirl around. Spoon over the remaining batter and bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes until golden and firm. Leave to cool then pop onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, escape half of the coconut cream and use an electric whisk to whip up. Add the icing sugar and cinnamon and whip into it so you have a thick mixture. Chill until needed.
- When the loaf has cooled, spoon the coconut whip into a piping bag and pipe small circles on top of the loaf. Then slice and enjoy!