Another year, another round of Great British Bake Off to hit our screens – can you believe this will be the 13th year of the much-loved baking show?! To celebrate, and in collaboration with the wonderful kitchenware brand Mason Cash, here’s a gorgeous biscuit recipe to get you in the mood for some home baking.
- 120g gluten-free flour
- 100g sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75ml oil of choice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the decoration –
- 6 tablespoons icing sugar
- Few drops of red food colouring
- Pinch of turmeric
- Mix together the flour, sweetener and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk in the oil, egg and vanilla and mix well to form a dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Using extra flour to dust, roll out the dough and use round cookie cutters to cut out a variety of shapes. Then use flower stampers in the middle of each.
- Place each cookie on a lined baking tin a little bit apart. Bake at 180C for 12-15 minutes until golden and firmed up. Leave to cool then pop onto a wire rack.
- Nix mix 4 tablespoons of icing sugar with a dash of water to form a slightly runny texture. Place in a piping bag then carefully go over the petals of each.
- Next mix one tablespoon of icing sugar with a dash of red food colouring, then use a cocktail stick to draw a small amount over each petal coming from the centre.
- Finally mix together the turmeric with the 1 tablespoon of icing sugar left and pipe into the middle of each. Allow to set then enjoy!