Not long ago I made gluten-free cookies for the first time and I was rather impressed with the result – soft and chewy on the inside and just the right amount of crunch on the outside, packed full of healthy ingredients. Using Linwoods Flaxseed mix with Biocultures and Vitamin D in the mixture along with vanilla and dried apricots, these delicious cookies are moreish and bursting with the ‘sunshine vitamin’ to help support the immune system and maintaining a healthy heart.
- ½ cup of ground almonds
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Flaxseed Mix with Biocultures and Vitamin D
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp of Natvia
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
Optional topping: agave syrup, coconut oil, grain flakes and ground almonds
1) Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and grease a baking sheet. Put all dry ingredients, including the dried apricots, in a big bowl and mix together.
2) Whisk the eggs, vanilla and coconut oil in a separate bowl, then stir into the dry ingredients, mixing well until you have a dough-like consistency.
3) Roll the mixture into 6-8 balls, place on baking tray then flatten down. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, then remove and leave to cool.
4) My cookies were slightly too brown on top and I wanted to add something a little extra, so I mixed together some melted coconut oil, agave syrup, ground almonds and grain flakes to create a paste, then spoon over the top of cookies and leave to set.
Have you seen my other #IndulgingInnocently creations using Linwoods Flaxseed products? Check out: Banana, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Flaxseed Protein Bars / Flaxseed & Berry Booster Protein Smoothie / Chocolate & Beetroot Superfood Muffins / Protein Maca & Cacao Flaxseed Iced Muffins with Spiced Pumpkin Yogurt & Granola Topping