Growing up, cheesecake has always been a bit of a ‘thing’ for me; the crunchy, oaty biscuit base combined with a thick, creamy sweet layer is just irresistible. However, being wheat intolerant, watching my carbs and eating as clean as possible, I was determined to still be able to enjoy this dessert without the guilt. Using oats, coconut oil and ground nuts in the layer mixture, then a combination of Quark, tofu, Natvia for sweetness, fresh blueberries and protein powder in the topping, this makes for a very innocent cheesecake variation!
- 1 cup gluten-free oats (I used Perkier)
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1-2 tbsp Natvia sweetener
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 x 250g tub Quark
- 200g silken tofu
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Natvia sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 150g fresh blueberries
1) First make the base. Put all ingredients in a bowl, mix well to combine so it’s a little sticky and all comes together. Press into a springform round tin and leave in the fridge.
2) Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Next, put all filling ingredients apart from the blueberries in a blender and whizz until well mixed. Scrape filling mixture into a bowl, stir well and add blueberries. Pour into tin over the base and bake in oven for 25 minutes, until golden and pretty much set.
3) Leave to cool then place in fridge for a few hours. When ready to serve, remove from tin, slice up and enjoy!
Have you tried my other Natvia #IndulgingInnocently creations? Check them out: Chocolate & Chia Seed Mousse & Berry Dessert / Protein Chocolate Brownie Cookies with Coconut Creme Filling / Apple, Almond & Cinnamon Natvia Traybake / Raspberry & Coconut Protein Cake Slices
PS. Don’t forget my NAVIA BLOG GIVEAWAY – check out how to enter here 🙂