Anything with coconut in and I’m all over it – whether with chocolate, fruit or by itself, I’m a sucker for the flavour. I’d recently come across Coyo coconut yogurt in the Win Naturally store in Manchester Arndale and was totally blown away by the unsweetened yogurt – I need to bake something with this in! Since it was my birthday and my parents were coming up, I wanted to make some sort of cake with coconut in, and decided to add raspberries for a fruit touch, complete with a creamy coconut topping – with Natvia to add natural sweetness too, of course! Here’s the result…
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein (I use Optimum Nutrition)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 tbsp Natvia sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 small pot of Coyo coconut yogurt
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 4 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk (chilled in fridge for a few hours beforehand)
- 2 tbsp Natvia
- 1-2 tbsp natural yogurt
1) Mix together the dry cake ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs with the vanilla extract and Coyo, then stir into the mixture with the mashed banana. Mix well, stir in the raspberries carefully then pour into a greased baking tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden, slice into 8 then leave to cool.
2) Meanwhile, make the topping. Simply stir together well so you get a thick mixture – not too dry or wet – and keep refrigerated until needed.
3) When ready to serve, remove a slice and top with the coconut topping – it will have set a little so make sure you can spread the mixture, if too thick and hard add a bit more coconut milk. Now, indulge!
Have you tried my other Natvia #IndulgingInnocently creations? Check them out: Vanilla & Blueberry Protein Cheesecake / Chocolate & Chia Seed Mousse & Berry Dessert / Protein Chocolate Brownie Cookies with Coconut Creme Filling / Apple, Almond & Cinnamon Traybake
PS. Don’t forget my NAVIA BLOG GIVEAWAY – check out how to enter here 🙂