For something a bit different, I thought I’d add a savoury dish as one of my recipes, more so to show the versatility of Kaizen Living’s wonderful superfood powders. I had some edamame beans and an avocado to use up, so I got thinking – it would make a great sauce blended with yogurt, served with gluten-free pasta, vegetables and spices…And yes, it worked brilliantly! Fast, tasty and super healthy, what more do you want from a colourful evening meal? Ingredients (to serve 2):
- 75g pasta (I used Rizopia organic, gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt or creme fraiche
- 150g cooked edamame beans
- 2 tsp Kaizen Living Chlorella powder
- Lemon juice, cayenne pepper, paprika, chilli powder and seasoning
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Boil the pasta and cook as instructed.
- Meanwhile, put the edamame beans, avocado, yogurt, chlorella, lemon juice and seasoning in a blender and whizz up well.
- Cook mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach lightly in a pan until softened.
- Drain the pasta and put on a plate, top with your vegetable mixture then spoon the colourful green sauce on top – voila! I added a cheeky sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top for extra flavour.
Have you seen my other healthy recipes using Kaizen Living superfoods? Check them out!