Here we go, yet another recipe using the wonderful superfood powders from Kaizen Living – this time, acai berry powder! You may have read the story behind the brand, launching next month, and also seen 6 special, healthy and super tasty recipes incorporating powerful blends like spirulina and chlorella. This time it’s all about the vibrant purple palm fruit, a natural source of anthocyanins and packed full of other nutrients, turned into these cute little frozen ‘muffin’s of goodness layered with ‘chocolate’ and pumpkin – yum!
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2/4 tbsp Sweet Freedom
- ¼ cup Kaizen Living cacao powder
Simply melt the coconut oil and Sweet Freedom, then stir in the cacao powder until a paste forms.
Pumpkin Spice layer
- ½ can unsweetened pureed pumpkin
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom
- Mixed spice, cinnamon and nutmeg
Blend everything together so you have a smooth mixture.
Coconut Acai Berry layer
- ½ can coconut cream (previously left in fridge for a few days to thicken)
- 1 tbsp Hognuts Butter Cashew & Coconut
- 1 ripe banana
- 2-3 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 3-4 tbsp Stevia (or natural sweetener)
- 2 tbsp Kaizen Living organic acai berry powder
Once you have all of your layers prepared, the rest is simple! Grease 6 muffin tins well, then spoon the pumpkin mixture in first (about a third) until the mixture is used up, then the acai berry mixture, until it’s nearly at the top, then finally pour over the cacao mixture just so it fills to the top. Place in the freezer for about 4-6 hours at least.
When you’re ready to serve, remove from the freezer about 20 minutes beforehand and use a knife to help loosen them – then voila, tuck into these gorgeous, colourful and tasty desserts!