The combination of chocolate and coconut works so well in these tasty, easy and satisfying mini desserts, made even better thanks to JT’s Coconut Essence’s chocolate coconut chips. Ideal if you’ve got friends or family over and you want to impress but without the faff, you can make everything in advance and throw together just before you serve them. Perfection!
Ingredients (to make 4 small ones)
For the base –
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup dessicated coconut
- ¼ cup JT’s Coconut Essence chocolate coconut chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp Sweet Freedom (or honey/agave syrup)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp natural sweetener
- 1 avocado, peeled and stoned
- 25g cashew nuts, soaked in water for at least 4 hours then drained
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used PhD Nutrition)
- 2 tbsp natural sweetener
- 1-2 tbsp coconut milk
- First make the tartlet cases. Put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl, melt the coconut oil and Sweet Freedom together, then pour into the bowl and mix well until everything is coated and the mixture sticks together.
- Divide the mixture into four and press into the tartlet tins, making sure it covers up to the top and the base, leaving a space for the filling. Keep in the fridge to firm up until needed.
- Put all of the filling ingredients into a blender and whizz up well until you have a smooth mixture. Check for sweetness, then keep in the fridge until needed.
- When you’re ready to serve, simply spoon some of the filling into the cases, add a raspberry to decorate, remove from the tins and serve!