I absolutely love the combination of sweet vanilla and creamy coconut, so I wanted to incorporate this flavour into a gluten-free, high protein loaf spiked with colourful, fruit raspberries. That’s the result in this loaf of goodness, quick to whip up and it looks and tastes wonderful, thanks to the addition of JT’s Coconut Chips for an extra punch of sweetness.
For the cake –
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein (I used PhD Nutrition)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp nut butter (I used Hognuts Cashew and Coconut)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup natural sweetener
- 50g fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup JT’s Coconut Essence coconut chips
For the topping –
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp JT’s Coconut Essence coconut chips
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and grease and line a loaf tin with coconut oil.
- Put all of the cake ingredients except the coconut chips and fresh raspberries in a blender and whizz until your have a smooth batter. Pour into a bowl and gently stir in the raspberries and coconut chips so it is evenly mixed.
- Pour into the loaf tin – you’ll have a nice swirl pattern from the raspberries – and bake for 45 minutes. Keep an eye on it as you might need to cover it with foil. Make sure it’s cooked through and golden, then remove and leave to cool.
- Mix together the topping ingredients and keep in the fridge until needed.
- When ready to serve, spoon over the topping and scatter over some more fresh raspberries plus some more coconut chips. Now devour!
Check out my two other recipes using JT’s Coconut Essence products: Chocolate Coconut Protein Tarts and Tropical Coconut Chia Seed Pot 🙂