These cookies are so simple, made with store cupboard ingredients without the need for eggs or even coconut/gluten-free flour! Who knew they contains CHICKPEAS?! Soft but slightly crunchy on the outside, flavoured with vanilla, Hale Naturals PPB (sweetened with Stevia) and a hint of caramel extract with cacao chips, these are far too moreish but thankfully, aren’t bad for you!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup nut milk
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein (I used PhD Nutrition)
- 2 tbsp Hale Naturals PPB Sweetened with Stevia
- ⅓ cup natural sweetener
- 1 tsp caramel extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp cacao nibs (I used Creative Nature)
PB Chocolate drizzle –
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (I used Lucy Bee)
- 2 tsp Hale Naturals Chocolate PPB
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Sweet Freedom
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and grease a large baking tray.
- Simply put all of the ingredients apart from the cacao nibs into a blender and whizz up well until you have a thick dough-like mixture.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the cacao nibs. Add a touch more milk if required, you want the mixture to hold together and little sticky.
- Spoon 8 blobs of mixture, leaving space in between, on your tray, then using a fork press down, making sure they are a circular shape. Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes until golden and firmed up, then remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely – they will firm up while cooling.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix in everything else quickly until you have a slightly thick chocolate ‘sauce’, drizzle this over the cookies and leave to set – then indulge!