I’ve got quite a selection of recipes up on my blog now which feature one of my favourite ingredients – pumpkin! Although this is cheating in the sense that I use canned, it’s quick, cheap and still a healthy way to include this vegetable. With the addition of Hale Naturals PPB powder and cacao nibs, these squares make the ideal tasty treats that are actually good for you!
- 1 can unsweetened cooked pumpkin puree
- ½ can unsweetened cooked apples
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Splash of almond/hazelnut milk
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Hale Naturals PPB
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- ½ cup natural sweetener
For the ‘icing’: 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp Hale Naturals PPB, 1 tbsp cacao powder, 1 tsp Sweet Freedom
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and grease and line a traybake tray.
- Put the pumpkin puree, apples, egg, coconut oil and vanilla in a blender and whizz until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients except the cacao nibs. Pour in the pumpkin mixture with a splash of milk and fold in carefully. Stir in the cacao nibs then pour into your prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden, risen and a skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven, slice into 12 and leave to cool.
- For the ‘icing’ simply mix all of the ingredients together and keep in the fridge until needed; this will thicken when you leave it.
- When ready to serve, spread a spoonful of the ‘icing’ on top of each slice – now indulge!