Enjoying beef in your diet doesn’t have to mean being high in fat calories. This is where MuscleFood’s extra lean beef mince comes in handy, offering 124 calories and 4.2g of fat while providing 21.7g of protein per 100g, not a bad deal at all. Juicy, free range and 100% British, you can’t go wrong with this from the premium lean meats, high protein foods and sports nutrition supplements brand.
So, onto my recipe. I’ve said it serves two – I know that might seem like a lot of meat in one serving, but it makes for a filling, nutritious and high protein lunch or dinner ideal for refuelling after a heavy workout. Bursting with flavour and colour, this can be ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Winner!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 300g MuscleFood extra lean beef mince
- 1 green or red chilli, sliced horizontally
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp coriander
- Pinch of turmeric
- Black pepper
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 tbsp Tamari sauce
- 1 x large pack of stir-fry vegetables, with mushrooms, peppers, beansprouts etc.
- 75-100g brown rice noodles
- Heat ¾ of the sesame oil in a large non-stick pan, then add the beef mince and sliced chilli along with the garlic, ginger, coriander, turmeric and black pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until it turns brown, breaking the meat up with a spoon.
- Add the lime juice and tamari, bring to the boil then simmer in its juices for 15 minutes, then remove from the heat, cover and let it rest.
- Meanwhile, cook the brown rice noodles according to packet instructions.
- Heat the remaining oil in another large non-stick pan and throw in the stir-fry vegetable, cooking quickly and adding a little garlic, black pepper, ginger and coriander to taste. This will only take a few minutes, as you want the veg to stay crisp.
- Now serve up – drain the noodles and divide between two plates. Spoon over the stir-fry veg, then top with the beef with its juices. Now enjoy!
Check out more of my MuscleFood recipes on my blog for healthy, high protein lunch and dinner inspiration!