You may have seen quite a few posts and recipes recently in collaboration with king of nut butters, Pic’s. Last month I shared Spiced Pumpkin & Caramel Brownie Bites; this time it’s all about pairing apples, mixed spices, pecans and of course their deliciously smooth almond butter in this healthy blondie recipe. Another winner of a dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free and no refined sugar autumnal treat!
For the blondies –
- 150g cooked apples
- 4 tablespoons Pic’s almond butter
- 50g coconut sugar (I used The Coconut Company)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g oat flour (I whizzed up Flahavan’s oats – can be gluten-free)
- 50g almond or tigernut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large apple, chopped into small pieces
For the caramel glaze –
- 3 tablespoons Pic’s almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 3 tablespoons almond milk (I used Alpro)
- Large pinch of cinnamon
- Pecans, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 9x9in baking tin.
- Place the cooked apples, almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla in a food processor (I use my Ninja Kitchen Nutri Ninja) and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix until well combined the fold in the apple pieces.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer in the tin then bake for 25 minutes until golden and firm. Leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Next gently melt the ingredients for the caramel glaze on a low heat and whisk until smooth. Pour this over the cooled blondies then place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Cut into pieces, top each one with a pecan half – then enjoy!
Check out my other posts and work with Pic’s over here 🙂