If you’re looking for some easy, delicious and no bake desserts to make this summer, you need these in your life! You may have heard of Gato who make plant-powered treats that are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and low in sugar, they’ve recently launched a range of cookies so I thought why not include them in these rich, indulgent but healthy treats?!
For the tart cases –
- 100g oats (I used Mornflake)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (I used The Coconut Company)
For the chocolate filling –
- 1 x can chickpeas, drained
- 50g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes (I used Whitworths)
- 3 tablespoons smooth almond butter (I used Meridian)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder (I used Bioglan)
To decorate –
- Gato Double Chocolate Cookies
- Cacao nibs
- Melted dark chocolate (I used Benefit Chocolate)
- First make the tart cases: Place the oats, maple syrup and coconut oil in a blender or food processor (I use my Ninja Kitchen) and pulse until you have a flapjack mixture. Divide between 2-3 individual loose-bottom tartlet cases and push across the bottom and up the sides. Chill in the fridge.
- Drain the chickpeas and dates and add to the clean blender or food processor along with the almond butter, maple syrup and cacao powder. Blend well until quite thick and smooth. Divide between the tart cases and fill to the top then smooth out.
- Place a few Gato Cookies on top, scatter over some cacao nibs and drizzle over melted chocolate. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour then serve.