When it comes to my #IndulgingInnocently recipes, a lot of the time I get feedback saying the easy, no-bake treats are what you guys want – healthy ingredients but not too faffy or hours in the oven to make. Also when it comes to flavour combinations, anything chocolate / caramel / nut butter is always a winner so these little goodies are sure to hit the spot!
I was recently gifted some amazing products from Rollagranola and Bioglan so I thought it this recipe was an ideal partnership to match the Absolutely Chocolate Oat Granola [no added sugar, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan] with the Organic Cacao Powder to create these addictive bites. Feel free to add in dried fruit like cranberries or chopped dates on top, or just scatter over nuts and seeds – whatever you like!
For the base –
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 100g oat flour
- 4 tablespoons smooth nut butter (I used Pic’s peanut butter)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Clarks)
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
For the cacao layer –
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used The Groovy Food Company)
- 2 tablespoons smooth nut butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons Bioglan cacao powder
For the topping –
- Rollagranola Absolutely Chocolate oat granola
- Place the macadamia nuts and oats into a blender or food processor (I use my Ninja Kitchen) and whizz up until ground down like a fine flour.
- Melt the coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup then pour in along with the cinnamon and pulse again.
- Tip into a lined tin or tub (I used a 15cm x 20cm one) and press down with your hands. Set aside.
- Melt the nut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup then whisk in the cacao powder until smooth. Pour over the base to cover evenly.
- Scatter over the granola in a generous even layer and pack down lightly. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- When ready to serve, pop out the tin/tub and onto a chopping board. Cut into small pieces then enjoy! Keep remaining bites in the fridge for up to 1 week (if they last that long!).