It happens to be a coincidence that it’s dairy week on Great British Bake Off (believe it or not, I’m a huge fan of the show haha) at the same time as sharing this divine dessert recipe. A no-bake chocolate oat base filled with vanilla yogurt and finished with berries, almonds and my favourite Barebells no added sugar protein bar (White Choclate & Almond, YUM), these easy to make little treats make a superb (and mostly healthy) dessert option that’s packed with protein and flavour.
For the chocolate tart case –
- 100g oats (I used Mornflake)
- 50g ground almonds (I used Whitworths)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa or cacao powder (I used Bioglan)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (I used The Groovy Food Company)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the filling –
- 300g 0% fat Greek yogurt or Quark (I used Graham’s Family Dairy)
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To decorate –
- 1 x White Chocolate & Almonds Barebells bar, sliced
- Mixed berries
- Melted dark chocolate (I used Montezuma’s)
- Chopped almonds
- First make the base – Place the oats in a blender or food processor (I use my Ninja Kitchen) and whizz up a little to break down a bit. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse again so the mixture comes together.
- Divide between four individual loose-bottomed tart tins and press up the sides and on the bottom. Chill in the fridge,
- Beat together the ingredients for the filling and keep in the fridge until needed.
- When ready to serve, spoon the filling into each tartlet case to fill and smooth out. Add a few slices of the Barebells bar, some berries, nuts and drizzle over chocolate – then pop out and enjoy!