When it comes to making a dessert over the festive season, you want something easy to make that looks delicious, can be made ahead (so less stress on the day!), can suit various dietary requirements – oh, and looks stunning too. Well this double chocolate tart is just for you!
A base made from nuts, oats, cacao and cinnamon filled with a rich coconut chocolate filling and topped with zesty, juicy cranberries, this vegan-friendly, dairy and gluten-free and no refined sugar dessert is ideal for any Christmas table.
For the tart case –
- 100g mixed nuts (I used Gloriously Grown Three Almond Blend)
- 100g rolled oats (I used Mornflake)
- 4 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or alternative (I used Sweet Freedom Cinnamon Syrup)
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (I used Pic’s smooth peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the filling –
- 1 x can coconut milk
- 200g dark chocolate (can be vegan – I used Montezuma’s No Udder)
- 4 tablespoons Sweet Freedom Winter Spice Choc Shot
To decorate –
- 100g cranberries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or alternative
- Juice of 1 orange
- Freeze-dried redcurrants [optional] (I used Lio Licious)
- First make the tart case: Place the ingredients into a blender (I used my Ninja Kitchen Nutri Ninja) and whizz up until broken down and the mixture sticks together.
- Press into a 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin and use your fingers to press across the bottom and up the sides. Chill in the fridge.
- Break the chocolate up into a bowl and set aside. Heat the coconut milk in a pan until just under boiling point then pour over the chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Whisk in the maple syrup.
- Pour into the tart case to fill, smooth over, then chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours to set.
- Meanwhile, place the cranberries, maple syrup and orange in a pan and simmer for 10 minutes until softened and the juices form a syrup. Leave to cool then chill until needed.
- Shortly before serving, decorate the tart with cranberries and sprinkle over the freeze-dried redcurrants. Remove from the tin, cut into pieces and enjoy!