Biscotti are Italian almond biscuits are twice-baked, oblong-shaped, dry, crunchy, and may be dipped in a drink – which sounds like perfection! Here I’ve made a gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan alternative flavoured with carob and cinnamon, packed with juicy goji berries and dark chocolate for extra flavour and texture.
High in protein thanks to the addition of Free Soul vegan vanilla powder, when each slice is baked a few times it results in the most delicious crunchy biscuit. Served around Christmas makes these treats a great bake to make over the festive season.
- 100g oat flour
- 50g vegan vanilla protein powder (I used Free Soul)
- 50g coconut sugar (I used Buy Wholefoods Online)
- 15g carob powder (I used Buy Wholefoods Online)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 20g melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or alternative (I used Sweet Freedom)
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g goji berries
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix together the flour, protein powder, coconut sugar, carob powder, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, milk, maple syrup and vanilla then pour in and mix until fully combined. Fold in the goji berries and chocolate chips.
- Shape the whole thing into a log shape and place on the tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes until firmed up then allow to cool or 10 minutes before cutting into about 10 slices.
- Arrange these slices cut side up onto the baking sheet and bake for a further 10-15 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate then enjoy!