Who doesn’t love a good cheesecake? An oat base and baked topping made with an added boost of berry protein to add flavour and a hint of colour, combined with berries and flowers for a super pretty dessert. This would be ideal for Mother’s Day coming up to celebrate with the wonderful women in your life. You could even make it a chocolate one by adding cacao or cocoa powder to the cheesecake mixture for an even richer treat!
For the base –
- 150g oats (I used Mornflake)
- 50g mixed nuts or seeds (I used Whitworths)
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (I used Nutcessity)
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine or coconut oil (The Coconut Company)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Sweet Freedom)
For the topping –
- 250g soft cheese (can be dairy-free)
- 40g sweetener (I used Natvia)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 scoops berry protein powder (I used Free Soul)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Decorate with –
- Edible flowers (I used Polly’s Petals)
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease and line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Place the base ingredients into a blender (I used my Ninja Kitchen) and whizz up until broken down and the mixture comes together. Press into the tin to cover the base.
- Next whizz together the topping ingredients (in a clean blender) then pour over the top. Bake for 20-30 minutes until firmed up then leave to cool. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Decorate with berries and edible flowers, sliced and serve!