Would an Easter recipe be complete without some form of ‘mini eggs’? I think not! These insane, crisp and crunchy peanut M&M’s from Miiro [gifted] are the perfect treat right now, especially to decorate an Easter creation like this one, AND they’re vegan, gluten-free and contain 33% less sugar than similar products making them ideal for everyone!
An easy no-bake chocolate base is topped with a satisfying cookie dough topping, drizzled with dark chocolate and finished off with the cute, colourful little eggs for a pop of colour. I challenge you to make these and not devour them all in one go 😉
For the base –
- 100g oats (I used Quaker Oats)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons smooth nut butter (I used Pic’s)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Sweet Freedom)
For the cookie dough –
- 1 x can chickpeas or butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons smooth nut butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder (I used Free Soul)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To decorate –
- Dark chocolate, drizzled
- Miiro eggs
- Place the base ingredients into a blender (I used my Ninja Kitchen) and pulse so the mixture comes together. Press into a lined 15 x 20cm tin or tub and chill in the fridge.
- Clean out the blender then add the cookie dough ingredients and whizz up until thick and smooth.
- Spoon over the base evenly then freeze for 2 hours – then chill in the fridge.
- Pop out of the tin/tub, cut into bars, drizzle with chocolate and arrange the eggs on top of each. Enjoy! Keep in fridge for up to 1 week.