Heaven in a muffin cup – soft coffee infused muffins with an oaty crumble topping. The smell of these coming fresh out of the oven is just divine, and definitely something to start the day with! You could dark chocolate chips to the muffin mixture for extra indulgence, or even make this batch into a cake for a bigger serving. The touch of peanut butter goes superbly with the flavours and adds an attractive drizzle. One of my favourite muffin recipes to date! 🙂
- 150g gluten-free flour (I used Doves Farm Free From)
- 2 scoops vegan chocolate or vanilla protein (I used Motion Nutrition)
- 100g coconut sugar (I used The Groovy Food Company)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed + 4 tablespoons water (I used Linwoods)
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee + 2 teaspoons boiling water
- 1 large banana
- 250ml milk of choice (I used Borna pistachio drink)
- 3 tablespoons smooth nut butter (I used Pic’s)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the topping –
- 3 tablespoons oats (I used Great British Porridge Company Caffe Latte porridge)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
To drizzle –
- 2 tablespoons smooth nut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 6 hole muffin tin or use 4 large cardboard muffin cases.
- Mix together the flaxseed and water and set aside for 5 minutes. Then add this and all of the ingredients to a blender and whizz up until smooth. Mix in the chips. Divide between the muffin tin/cases.
- Mix together the oats, oil and maple syrup then sprinkle over the top of each. Bake for 20 minutes until risen and golden then leave to cool.
- Mix together the nut butter and milk then drizzle over each. Enjoy!