There’s no messing around with this recipe. One of THE most delicious, indulgent treats I’ve made – and they happen to be vegan-friendly, dairy-free and gluten-free so don’t worry about missing out! A simple chocolate oat case filling with a smooth peanut butter chocolate layer, smothered in a dark chocolate (yes, MORE chocolate!) topping…Need I say more?!
For the tart cases –
- 100g oats (I used Mornflake)
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp smooth nut butter (I used Pic’s Peanut Butter)
- 2 tbsp oil (I used The Groovy Food Company coconut oil, melted)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
For the filling –
- 6 tsp peanut butter
- 2 scoops chocolate or vanilla protein powder (I used Free Soul)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
For the topping –
- 75g dark chocolate (I used Seed & Bean), broken up into pieces
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- First make the tart cases: Mix together ingredients so it sticks together then divide between a 6-hole silicone muffin tin (it will make 5) then press into the base and up the sides.
- Add 1 tsp peanut butter at bottom of each then chill in fridge.
- Mix together the protein powder, cocoa powder, milk and maple syrup then add a spoonful on top of the peanut butter on each.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil then spoon over the top of each chocolate filling to cover and reach the top. Chill for 2 hours to set.
- Pop out of the tin and enjoy! Keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.