Cute decorated cookies are surely one of the staples of Christmas? Especially when families and kids are involved – getting them stuck in to be in charge of adding the sprinkles is just joyous (but can also get very messy!) 🙂 I made these gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan friendly ones so all dietaries are catered for – but you wouldn’t guess, which makes them ideal for any Christmas baking.
- 200g gluten-free flour (I used Dove’s Farm)
- 80g sweetener (I used Natvia)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75g dairy-free margarine (I used Flora)
- 6 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the icing –
- 6 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Sugar decorations
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix together the flour, sweetener and baking powder in a bowl.
- Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs then pour in the milk and vanilla and mix until you have a dough.
- Knead a little then place on a floured surface and roll out. Use festive cookie cutters to stamp out biscuits then place on the baking sheet with a little space between the biscuits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden then leave to cool (they will firm up). Transfer to a wire rack.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually add water to form a smooth and not-too-runny texture. Spoon over each cooled biscuit then sprinkle over sugar decorations. Leave to set – then enjoy!