MORE dessert?! Why the heck not, Christmas has been different this year for all of us, but it’s still nice to cook and bake some festive goodies. These delicious, indulgent and rich puddings are one of the best treats and a great way to use up excess chocolate (if that’s possible) and dried cranberries – with the addition of juicy cherries, the whole thing is a match made in festive heaven!
- 100g gluten-free flour (I used Dove’s Farm Freee)
- 100g ground almonds (I used Whitworths)
- 100g sweetener (I used Natvia)
- 40g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g dark chocolate (I used Montezuma’s)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (I used The Groovy Food Company)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75g raisins
- 75g dried cranberries
- 100g frozen cherries, halved
For the chocolate sauce –
- 6 tablespoons almond butter (I used Pip & Nut)
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Pure Maple)
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease 4 x individual pudding tins.
- Mix together the flour, ground almonds, sweetener, cocoa powder, mixed spice and baking powder in a bowl.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil then set aside for 5 minutes to allow it to cool. Beat in the eggs and vanilla and pour into the dry ingredients along with the dried fruit and cherries.
- Spoon between the tins to fill each to the top then bake for 20-25 minutes until firmed up. Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes then pop out.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients and heat up gently if you wish (or just keep cold) then pour over the puddings. Enjoy!