This might sound like an interesting mixture when you see pumpkin and chickpeas appear in the ingredients but trust me, it works so well when combined with white chocolate and pumpkin spices. I’ve created a layered cookie dough-like flapjack mixture filled with a white chocolate and peanut butter layer, making an insane no-bake, high protein and seasonal snack. Deeeeeelicious!
For the spiced pumpkin bars –
- 70g cooked pumpkin
- 1 x can chickpeas or butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons smooth nut butter
- 100g oats
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
For the white chocolate filling –
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 50g white chocolate
- Blend together the pumpkin, pulses, nut butter, oats, protein, syrup and spices until the mixture comes together like a dough.
- Divide into half, then using an individual bar mold (silicone is best), press the dough into about 8 to fill up to half and press down.
- Melt the coconut oil, nut butter and chocolate then spoon over the base of each bar to cover. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Then use the remaining dough to divide into pieces and place on top of each white chocolate layer to fill the top of the mold and press down.
- Chill for another hour – then pop out and enjoy!