There are many things I love about this recipe; the fact that it’s no bake and it can be kept in the fridge until ready to serve, the combination of some of my favourite all-time flavours (that certainly epitomise autumn!) and that it’s stunning to look at and even more delicious to eat! Using a coconut-based caramel sauce from Nature’s Charm plus their fantastic oat whipping cream [paid recipe], these ingredients really compliment cinnamon-spiced apples in a gorgeous dessert recipe.
For the tart case –
- 150g oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
For the apple filling –
- 2 large eating apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Nature’s Charm caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the cinnamon cream topping –
- ½ can Nature’s Charm oat whipping cream (kept in the fridge overnight)
- 3 tablespoons sweetener
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt the coconut oil, nut butter and syrup then mix in the oats to combine. Mix well, then tip the mixture into a greased loose-bottomed tart tin and press across the bottom and up the sides. Chill in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, place the apples, cinnamon and caramel sauce in a pan and cook on a low heat for 5-10 minutes until softened, then set aside to cool.
- While the apples are cooling, scrape out half of the oat cream from the can, place in a bowl with the sweetener and cinnamon and whip up for a few minutes using an electric mixer.
- Spoon the cooled apple mixture into the tart case to cover the base generously. Then spoon the whipped oat cream into a piping bag and pipe around the edges a couple of times.
- Chill the tart in the fridge for 1 hour then pop out of the tin, slice and enjoy!