The second recipe for my Sweet Freedom/Choc Shot recipe challenge. Most cheesecakes are out of bounds with their wheat bases, plus are packed full of calories and fat. These little pots are ideal if you’re wanting something creamy and indulgent with a ‘biscuit’ oaty base to balance out the textures. Silken tofu is an amazing alternative to cream cheese while the chia berry ‘jam’ adds a fruity boost!
- 2 tbsp Perkier gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (Meridian Foods)
- 1 tbsp Sweet Freedom
- 1 pack of silken tofu
- 1 tub Total 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom (or to taste)
- Seeds from a fresh vanilla pod
Chia Berry Jam:
- 100g frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp Sweet Freedom (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
1) Put the oats and almonds in a bowl and mix together. Stir in the peanut butter and Sweet Freedom and combine, until the dry ingredients are coated in the sticky mixture – you may want to use your hands. Press into ramekin dishes or clear glasses and chill.
2) Blend together all the ingredients until completely smooth then pour into each glass or ramekin to just below the top. Put back in the fridge to chill.
3) Put the berries in a small pan with a dash of water and Sweet Freedom, heat up and simmer until the juices run out, then stir in the chia seeds. Simmer for a few more minutes (you may want to add more water as the seeds quickly absorb liquid) then pour into a tub, leave to cool then keep in the fridge until needed.
Serve up! When you’re ready, remove each dessert from the fridge with a few spoonfuls of the berry chia jam.
Check out my other two recipes using Sweet Freedom: Carrot Cake Muffins & Almond Frosting / Chocolate & Coconut Protein Balls 🙂