The third recipe for my Sweet Freedom/Choc Shot recipe challenge. There are so many variations for making ‘protein balls’ but I wanted to create some which were satisfying, sweet and filling. The Linseed mix can be substituted for any seed mix but this worked particularly well, while the chia seeds are amazing at firming the mixture up when set in the fridge. Great for a protein boost on the go!
- 50g Sweet Freedom
- 15g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 25g coconut oil
- 100g smooth peanut butter (Meridian Foods)
- 2 tbsp mixture of linseeds and flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp coconut or almond flour
- Dessicated coconut
1) Melt the coconut oil, Sweet Freedom and cocoa powder in a small pan on a low heat until melted. Stir in the peanut butter then remove from the heat .
2) Mix really well then add in the linseed mix, chia seeds, protein powder and flour. It will be wet and sticky but that’s ok – it will firm up!
3) Get spoonfuls of the mixture and roll in dessicated coconut to form balls, then place on a baking tray or greaseproof paper. This should make about 6-8 balls. Leave to set in the fridge for a few hours and you’ll have firm but delicious protein-packed snacks!