Another month, and another healthy recipe featuring Snact: Fruit jerky made from 100% dried blended fruit which counts towards your five a day, is vegan friendly, gluten-free and contains no additives or preservatives. You may have seen my recent recipes, including these Blueberry, Apple & Banana Energy Bars or my Mango, Ginger & Cardamom Cookies.
This time I’ve baked the Apple & Raspberry variety into one of my favourite autumnal breakfasts – BAKED OATS! Super simple, oh-so delicious, comforting and packed with goodness, you could mix this up a bit by varying the fruit (try blackberries, cherries etc) or even add cacao powder for a chocolate version. Vegan-friendly, dairy and gluten-free and with no refined sugar as a bonus too!
- ½ cup rolled oats (can be gluten-free – I used Quaker)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (I used Superroot)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (stevia) or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ pack Apple & Raspberry Snact Fruit Jerky
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Meridian)
- ½ cup almond milk (I used Alpro) + extra water
- Large handful of frozen raspberries
- Flaked almonds and remaining Snact pieces, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and lightly grease a small skillet pan or an ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the oats, chia seeds, baking powder, sweetener and cinnamon in a bowl. Using clean scissors, snip the fruit jerky up into smaller chunks. Stir into the oat mixture.
- Now add the mashed banana, vanilla, maple syrup and almond milk, stirring well. Add some water to create a consistency that isn’t too thick or too runny.
- Gently fold in the raspberries (don’t over mix!) then spoon into your prepared dish or pan. Spread out evenly then bake for about 20 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then scatter over the remaining Snact fruit jerky and some flaked almonds. Now dig in!