Everyone loves a slice of something sweet with a cup of tea, which is where the inspiration for this fruity loaf came from. Thanks to TEA+ for sending me their new caffeine-free Sleep Vitamin Tea, this variety is a soothing bedtime blend made up of passion flower, magnesium, rooibus, chamomile, lavendar and vitamin C, all to help relax the mind and body and promote a restful nights sleep.
Coupled with apple pieces, blackberry leaves and cinnamon, I thought TEA+ Sleep would be the perfect addition to infuse a fluffy spongey loaf packed with juicy blackberries and chunks of pear for a mind morning or mid afternoon treat served with a (TEA+!) brew. With banana, coconut sugar, ground almonds and extra cinnamon, this is one of my favourite dairy-free, no refined sugar recipes to date!
- 150g oat flour (I used Buy Wholefoods Online oat flour)
- 50g ground almonds (I used Whitworths)
- 100g coconut sugar (I used The Coconut Company)
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 120ml boiling water + 1 x TEA+ Sleep Vitamin Tea bag)
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large pear, diced
- 75g frozen or fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or alternative (I used Sweet Freedom)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a loaf tin.
- Mix together the flour, ground almonds, coconut sugar, mixed spice and baking powder in a bowl.
- Leave the tea bag to brew in boiling water for 10 minutes then leave to cool for 5-10 minutes (save 2 tablespoons and set aside). Whisk with the eggs, mashed banana and vanilla then pour into the bowl.
- Mix well then fold in the pear and blackberries then spoon into the tin and spread out evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes until risen and golden.
- Remove from the oven and insert a knife or skewer all across the loaf. Whisk the remainder of the brewed tea with the maple syrup then pour over the whole loaf to sink in. Leave to cool.
- Remove from the tin and onto a chopping board then slice up and serve!