You may have seen on a recent post that Barebells have launched a new flavour bar – LEMON CURD – which is just absolutely divine. High in protein with no added sugar, chunks of the bar go deliciously well with raspberries, more lemon, and a touch of white chocolate in these healthy blondies.
I LOVE the texture of this vegan-friendly, gluten and dairy-free blondie mixture, it’s so easy to make and can form the base for loads of different combinations. Ideal for those with a sweet tooth but want to go for a good-for-you option – it’s the Barebells chunks that really make these treats special!
- 100g oat flour (I used Buy Wholefoods Online)
- 100g flour of choice (I used Doves Farm gluten-free flour)
- 70g sweetener (I used Natvia)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons smooth almond butter (I used Meridian Foods)
- 150ml almond milk
- Zest & juice ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 x Barebells Lemon Curd Bars, cut into tiny chunks
- 100g frozen raspberries
- White chocolate, melted, to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a 9x9in baking tin.
- Mix together the flours, sweetener and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk together the nut butter, almond milk, lemon juice and zest, maple syrup and vanilla extract then pour into the bowl. Mix well to form a batter.
- Fold in half the raspberries and Barebells bar then spoon into the tin and spread out evenly. Scatter over the remaining raspberries and Barebells bar over the top and press down gently.
- Bake for 25 minutes until firmed up and golden. Leave to cool in the tin then cut into 9-12 bars. Drizzle over melted white chocolate, sprinkle over lemon zest and freeze-dried raspberries, and enjoy!